The Fit & Thrifty Diva Be A Fitness Fashionista
I… Love… Pink and I cannot lie.You other ladies can’t deny…When a sugar-colored thumb or pink bubblegum covers the post that’s in your face…You get sprung!
Haha. So I thought I’d make a play on the old Sir Mix A Lot tune and attempt to throw a bit of prose humor into this month’s edition of the Fit & Thrifty Diva. Oh well. I think I’ll just stick to writing my posts and leave the song writing/rapping/etc. to the pros. LoL
However, I’m excited about this month’s edition of the Fit & Thrifty Diva. And yes! Pink most absolutely plays a role in this segment as it does in most aspects of my life. Take a look at LiWBF’s new design if you don’t believe me. 🙂 I have had many of my friends and coworkers and things ask me throughout the years about the way I choose my workout clothes. Sometimes the confusion over what to wear creates even more problems such as reasons to embrace that one last excuse for not going to the gym at all. Hey, I’ll admit that this has even happened to me in the beginning. And don’t even get me started on that hot mess of a running outfit I wore for my first marathon a couple of years ago. LOL Honestly, I’m just now getting the hang of picking out the right outfit for whatever type of exercise I’ve chosen that day.
Different forms of exercise need very different types of clothing. In the past, we here at LiWBF have focused solely on running gear and training and cardio related everything. That’s all well and great, but…not everyone is or even wants to be a runner. I’m not a full-time runner myself. I practice what I like to call seasonal routines. My workout life consists of a healthy balance between cardio, yoga and strength training. The Fit & Thrifty Diva has listened to your concerns/kind complaints and came up with a new angle. We will focus on what we originally intended this series to be… A fun and stylish exploration of exercise and healthy living.
Get all the details on the items in this look on my Polyvore page
In this post, I’m going to offer a few tips on how to be a fitness fashionista because hey… We all want to look great out there on the exercise floor, right? Sure, you’ll get sweaty and such, but there’s just something totally exciting about picking a fab workout outfit and making it work for the money you paid to make all that hard work so much easier to tackle. Every so often, I’ll also be posting pics of your bloggerly host getting her exercise game on in a few of these posts. I am a certified fitness freak and have been my entire life. The obsession has paid off. I feel healthier these days than I have ever felt before. And I slayed the muffin top! A task I’ve tried to conquer for over fifteen years.
Back to my amateurish attempt at an ode to pink workout gear using the Sir Mix A Lot song. Black most definitely rules as my happy color. However pink takes the throne as my boss lady color. I wear various shades of pink in many of my workout clothes. The pictures in this post are just a few examples of some ways you can rock your style in the fitness scene.
Now on to the thrifty things. Here’s a selection of goodies that Reebok has on sale. There’s a color and style and fit for every fashionista and every kind of exercise you’d like to conquer in this group. Make sure you use the sliders to see even more photos of some pretty hip workout gear.
Five Fabulous Tips for Mastering the Look of A Fitness Fashionista
1. Choose a style that fits your exercise routine. If you’re dancing or doing yoga, then you don’t want to keep pulling tight compression fabric out of your crotch. When running, you don’t want to moon the people behind you because your pants keep sliding down. Bottom line… Choose a pair of leggings that’s right for the exercise. You’ve been warned. lol
2. Make sure your power color(s) is in the outfit you’ve chosen. This is so super important. I have several colors I consider my power colors. Wearing one or two of these shades during an exercise routine will help you achieve that “I Got This” stamina you’ll need to finish the workout.
3. Keep a water bottle handy. Flipbelts are a most excellent tool for holding both large and small items. I’m not a huge fan of those clunky belts that hook water bottles to specially created notches. Makes me feel like a human water cart. For yoga and dancing, you can simply keep the bottles stashed in your insulated gym bag which will help keep the liquid at the perfect temperature.
4. Choose Quality Products. When it comes to exercise comfort is key. Personally, I’ve found the best way to ensure a successful routine (meaning I actually finish the workout/run/rapping session…just kidding on that last one) is to make sure no wardrobe malfunctions take place. Therefore I tend to stick with certain brands I can trust: Reebok, Nike, Ascics and Avia. Invest in good exercise gear. You’ll thank me for this tip later.
5. Add the Frillies – Even the most devout of fitness enthusiasts agree that the little extra things paired with your fitness routine adds a fun touch to the entire thing. Don’t you agree? So go ahead and Pink Up your nails. That’s actually the name of the bottle of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel pictured above these tips, and Yes! I use this shade quite often.
Are you ready to be a fitness fashionista?