25 Random Acts of Kindness
The holidays will soon be here and along with the festivities comes stress and other mood killers tend to find their way into the mix! No worries… LiWBF has some ideas on how you can spread the joy and in return keep yourself motivated and positive right along with everyone else.
Kindness isn’t just a lifestyle choice. Being generous towards others is an obligation, a prerequisite on the karmic wheel of life, a reminder of the humanity inside us all. Think it’s a hard thing to do? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered in this list of ideas. There’s something for everyone on many different levels.
1. Listen to someone who is having a bad day, even if your day has been crappy. Sometimes that’s all a person needs to feel better.
2. Send a happiness email. Or anything positive and uplifting.
3. Volunteer to work a few days at the local shelter. Soup kitchens are always super busy during this time of the year.
4. Compliment your co-worker’s new outfit, especially if he/she is trying out a new trend.
5. Help your elderly neighbors clean their yard.
6. Smile at that difficult coworker, the one who’s always trying to push your buttons no matter what you do. This works. I know.
7. Volunteer to work a conference at the local library. They could always use extra help.
8. Treat a few of your girl/guy friends to a cup of coffee at the local coffeehouse.
9. Volunteer to bring your elderly neighbor his/her mail for a week.
10. Remember to silence your phone and check all emails and voice mails “before” the movie starts. With the advent of the phablet (yes, I have one of those swollen phones) comes a screen that’s bright enough to light up an entire room. Don’t be “that” person who constantly fires up the strobe light throughout the movie.
11. Read a great article on your favorite blog(s)? Then leave a comment and let your bloggerly host know just how much you loved the post. They will heart you forever!
12. Run errands for someone who is unable to do so.
13. Donate more than the standard tithe percentage (10% of your weekly paycheck) to the local shelter. Even better. Sign up for a monthly donation. Have the payment autodrafted each month so you don’t forget.
14. Support your favorite charity. Mine is the ISF (Ian Somerhalder Foundation). You can read all about what this fabulous group of folks do here: http://www.isfoundation.com/welcome
15. Donate to the local animal shelter.
16. Smile at the grumpy customer service rep who never seems to be having a good day. Persistence pays off. You will get him/her to smile back one day.
17. Volunteer to sing carols at your neighborhood assisted living center. I’ve done this many times and the feeling you get from seeing the spark in the eyes of your beholders will be something you never forget.
18. Smile at your little doggie when he comes running up to you after work. Doing so will make both his day and yours brighter.
19. Leave more than the standard 15/18% tip next time you visit your favorite restaurant. The college kid you’re supporting will heart you dearly.
20. Take a moment to hold the door open for the person walking up behind you. Even if they have the grumpy cat face going on.
21. Next time the grocery store clerk asks you to sponsor a child for a buck, go ahead and write your name on the card. In fact, choose 2 or 3 more. What can it hurt?
22. Volunteer to be a big brother or sister to a troubled teen. You could be the person to make a substantial difference in that child’s life.
23. Let the car trying to force his way into the lane in front of you (at the risk of everyone else’s safety) have his way. Then go home and have a glass of wine. Congratulations, you’ve just conquered your road rage!
24. Recycle that Starbucks cup. There are bins sitting in the corners to help you out with this. While you’re at it, go ahead and order a second recycling bin, since you already have one at home, right? 😀
25. Smile for a whole day no matter what you face. This is the most contagious act of kindness of all!
Have a Great Karmic Day!
*The post The 25 Random Acts of Kindness first appeared on Live Well…Be Fabulous**
**Post contains affiliate links**
Want to learn how to start your own business blog? Then head over to this tutorial How to Setup A WordPress Blog on Hostgator and get started today!